The current stowage planning process lacks stakeholder collaboration that can result in missed operational savings and improved efficiencies in execution. Stowage plans are typically created by the ocean carriers without an effective means to collaborate in real-time with terminal operators and other stakeholders such as carrier partners (e.g., VSA carriers, Alliances) and even the ocean carrier’s regional operation centers.
This lack of collaboration creates several challenges for terminal operators to optimize stowage plans with ocean carriers:
• Limited to reacting to completed plans rather than proactively collaborating on plan creation
• Lack of the same vessel visualization tools used by the ocean carrier
• Missing the carrier’s stowage plan information as a result of differing technology
• Lack of real-time information to effectively manage plan changes
The result is missed opportunities for both ocean carriers and terminal operators to maximize the productivity improvements needed for mutual profitability.
By providing a new collaboration platform with shared stowage planning information, common vessel stowage visualization tools, and real-time visibility into both ocean carrier and terminal operations, XVELA empowers stakeholders to maximize efficiency and cost savings from stowage planning through execution.
• Gain the necessary time to collaborate on ocean carrier stowage plans through actionable visibility of stowage information
• Make plan recommendations based on shared, comprehensive data and vessel load views
• Maximize productivity & reduce risk with optimized terminal operational plans (cranes, gangs, yard, etc.)
• Minimize potential cost impacts through earlier visibility of plan changes
• Make informed, proactive decisions to reduce the impact of unexpected events
• Create more efficient stowage plans through real-time terminal operator collaboration
• Facilitate data-driven discussions with partners and terminal operators based on shared, common data and vessel load views
• Reduce the risk of schedule variances and additional bunker costs by fully utilizing terminal capabilities
• Identify cost-savings opportunities through improved terminal execution visibility
• Make informed decisions to reduce impact of unexpected events